Charles Darwin University aims to develop and deliver projects, activities, and services to improve the student experience and develop student growth among our diverse student cohort in 2019.
Some of these activities and initiatives include:
- promoting the health and welfare of students by providing an out-of-hours Crisis Line exclusively for CDU students and a Counsellor for on campus or online support
- providing free postage for textbooks from the CDU Bookshop and library books for those students who are not near a CDU Campus
- contribute to student Orientation and events during semesters.
- advising on matters arising under the higher education provider's rules and advocating students' interests in matters arising under the same by employing a student advocate
- helping students develop skills for study by providing after-hours learning skills facilitators who can be contacted in person, by phone or email
- helping students develop skills for study by providing 24/7 online tutor support.
- assisting students with careers advice through workshops and drop-in services in person and online
- develop interactive activities for online students to engage with other students.
- providing student diaries.
Funds are also available to CDU student clubs and societies including CDU student association.
We continue to meet with CDUSA monthly concerning the expenditure of these fees. The university will continue to engage with the student body to gain feedback.