Your student computer account is the username and password you use to gain access to various information services provided by Charles Darwin University.
Student passwords only last 180 days before you are required to reset your password.
These are the steps you must follow to activate your student computer account:
- After you have received your offer of enrolment, you must register your identity through our activation page.
- Using the credentials you used to register in step 1, log into My Student Info and complete the enrolment steps.
- Once you have completed your enrolment, please log into My Computer Account to see what services CDU can offer you.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for the system to update your enrolment before attempting to log into Learnline.
Please note: logging into My Computer Account should be the first step in resolving issues with your student computer account as it refreshes your account and should rectify any issues.
T: 08 8946 7766
ITMS Service Desk
T: 08 8946 6600
Or drop into our IT Kiosk (Red 1.1.20) and one of our friendly staff will be happy to assist.
You can activate your student account if you have a current offer to study (in the current teaching period) and you know your student number.
You can activate your student account via:
- your home or work Internet connection
- student Central
- any computers in the general purpose computing laboratories - use the username 'kiosk' and the password 'cdukiosk'. This is a general access computer account and will do nothing more than open a web-browser for you to use.
Please note: students who do not know or have forgotten their student number will need to contact Student Central.
T: 08 8946 7766
Please access our “MyAccount” tool to change your password by following these instructions:
- Open browser and go to https://myaccount.cdu.edu.au
- Expand the section on the bottom titled, “Forgotten your password” and click “reset password.”
- Select “Student” and enter your “Account ID (student number).”
Eg. s123456 (where 123456 is replaced with your student number)
- Answer 4 of the following questions with the answers that you would have filled in during account creation when you enrolled.
- You will then be given a temporary password that you can use to login to https://myaccount.cdu.edu.au which will prompt you to choose a new password.
- Please allow XX minutes for the password change to propagate through our systems.
- If you use a mail client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, etc.) you will need to change your password in the settings accordingly.
If you need assistance with any of these changes, the ITMS Service Desk is available to you on (08) 8946 6600 from Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm.
Your CDU student computer account gives you access to the following:
- PCs in the computer labs located around the University
- internet in the PC labs or library
- the CDU wireless network (eduroam/CDU students)
- your personal student email account
- the library databases and receiving notices about overdue books from the library
- MyStudentInfo - your online student information.
Students under 18 years of age will need to get a parent or guardian to complete a Permission for internet access for a person under the age of 18 years form (PDF 63KB) and return it to the IT Kiosk (Red 1.1.20), Casuarina campus.
If you do not gain approval, you will still be able to use CDU computers and access CDU online resources, however you will not be able to access the internet.
Please note: you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.
Your computer account is created using the name provided when you applied to CDU. If you would like to modify your name, you need to do the following:
- CDU students - advise Student Central of your name change. They will update the Student System and the name on your computer account will automatically update.
Partner Organisation students - advise your home institution of the required name change. They will update their Student System and pass the information to ours which will cause the name on your computer account to update.
Please note: if you have completed a name change, please notify ITMS via our LogIT system or by giving us a call on 08 8946 6600 to ensure that your student email will not be affected.
You will be assigned a CDU email address depending on which category you fall into:
Partner Organisation students:
You will also get a personalised email address which will look like:
eg. firstname.lastname@example.org (there may be a number after your name if it is already in use by someone else).
Correspondence sent to students by CDU will always be sent to your official CDU email address, and a copy forwarded to your alternate address if you supplied one.
For more information on your student email, please visit our student email page.
As per University Policies, By-Laws, and Federal Legislation, the University monitors internet usage by both staff and students to limit inappropriate use.
Examples of such inappropriate use include:
- pornographic material
- peer-to-peer traffic such as BitTorrent, and including applications such as Limewire, Azureus, uTorrent, Emule, or Shareaza
- excessive downloads, due to either direct downloading or excessive use of streaming sites such as YouTube.
Furthermore, if other types of inappropriate use are reported, the Pro Vice-Chancellor of your faculty may request an audit of your internet and email usage.
Other examples of inappropriate behaviour include harassing or abusive email messages to fellow students or staff.
You are responsible for the activity associated with your internet account. If you are found to be responsible for inappropriate use of the internet without justification, your internet account will be suspended / terminated pending review by the Pro Vice-Chancellor of your faculty and the Director of Information Technology Management and Support.
Find out more about the CDU IT policies governing the use of the internet that you agreed to during the activation of your student computer account. Go to the Governance Document Library and Filter "Information or "Email" or "Internet".
CDU undergraduate students are provided with 1TB of cloud storage using OneDrive for Business and 200MB (U: drive) for storing your files. You also get 50GB for your emails.
Postgraduate students also get 1TB of cloud storage using OneDrive for Business and 50GB for email.
Please note: file storage and email are separate and the quota is not transferable between them.
Special Course - Unit Drives
Should you happen to be studying a course (or unit) that requires a network drive larger than the standard 200MB allotted to all students. The CDU system will identify you and provision a special drive that will be available to you for the duration of this study. It should be noted that once your study (that required the extra storage) has been completed this special drive will be automatically removed. So you should ensure you have a copy of files you wish to keep stored elsewhere.
Your student access is dependent on your current enrolment status. If your status changes and you are no longer entitled to access CDU computer resources, an email is sent to you. This occurs for all students if their status changes to a non-entitled status.
If you believe that an error has been made regarding your enrolment status you need to contact Student Central who handle all aspects of student enrolment.
T: 1800 061 963
Building: Orange 1.1 (Casuarina campus)
Should you require access to your computer account after your finish date, you need to approach your lecturer who can request this on your behalf.
Rules regarding access are set by Student Central and implemented automatically on student accounts - any variance on these rules are decided and actioned by Student Central.