- About us
- Courses and Programs
- Adult Literacy and Numeracy (Top End)
- Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
- English as a Second Language
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Business (Central)
- Commercial Cookery and Bakery (Top End)
- Information Technology and Library Studies (Top End)
- Sales and Personal Services (Top End)
- Tourism and Hospitality (Central)
- Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation (Top End)
- VET Businesses
Business and Employers
We provide assistance to study assistance to students during their studies.
We are a provider approved to deliver government subsidised training places under the NT Training Entitlement to eligible students at the Certificate III level or higher.
If you need to meet your compulsory Training Benchmark or risk cancellation of your 457 sponsorship, CDU offers solutions for 457 Visa Training Benchmarks A and B in the Northern Territory.
The Metal Trades and Engineering team delivers the skills required for employment in the fitting and machining trade or the metal fabrication and welding trades.
Completion of the programs offered by this team will allow employment as engineering tradespersons in industries such as manufacturing, maintenance, repairs and welding. Additionally there will be opportunities for employment in the sheetmetal fields such as general fabrication, stainless steel and/or aluminium welding, fabrication industries/construction sites and the oil and gas industries.
The team delivers training at the Casuarina campus and in regional and remote centres and communities, as well as training to high school students who are participating in VET for Secondary Students (VSS) and students in pre-employment programs at the certificate I and certificate II levels. These programs improve the student’s skills and employment opportunities in the engineering/metal industry.
Additionally the team delivers training in regional and remote communities to allow communities to construct and repair their own facilities and generate employment opportunities.
Courses delivered by the team:
- Certificate II in Engineering (MEM20105)
- Certificate II in Engineering Pathways (MEM20413)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (MEM30305)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (MEM30205)
- Certificate IV in Engineering (MEM40105)
- Certificate I in Resources and Infrastructure Operations (RII10113)
- Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation (RII20113)
- Introduction to Welding
- Advanced Welding (AS1796)
- Structural Steel Welding (AS2980)
Contact the team:
Team Leader: Rohan Badenhop
T: 08 8946 6657
Customer Service Officers: Georgia Skarlatos and Niken Triharmeiyanti
T: 08 8946 7507