- About us
- Courses and Programs
- Adult Literacy and Numeracy (Top End)
- Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
- English as a Second Language
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Business (Central)
- Commercial Cookery and Bakery (Top End)
- Information Technology and Library Studies (Top End)
- Sales and Personal Services (Top End)
- Tourism and Hospitality (Central)
- Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation (Top End)
- VET Businesses
Business and Employers
We provide assistance to study assistance to students during their studies.
We are a provider approved to deliver government subsidised training places under the NT Training Entitlement to eligible students at the Certificate III level or higher.
If you need to meet your compulsory Training Benchmark or risk cancellation of your 457 sponsorship, CDU offers solutions for 457 Visa Training Benchmarks A and B in the Northern Territory.
The Commercial Cookery and Bakery team offers courses in modern European style cookery, as well as both retail baking (bread) and retail baking (bread, cake and pastry) at certificate III level.
Courses delivered by the team:
- FDF10111 Certificate I in Food Processing (Retail Baking)
- SIT10216 Certificate I in Hospitality
- SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- FDF30610 Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread)
- FDF30710 Certificate III in Retail Baking (Combined)
- SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- VTP201 Basic Food Handling
For students interested in studying a course that will provide the skills to work in a commercial kitchen, bakery or patisserie environment contact 8946 7526 for further information.
If you have a passion for cooking or baking CDU's VET courses can offer you a pathway to a successful career in either of these industries.
These courses lead to skills that would help you to secure a job as:
- Head chef
- Second chef or Sous chef
- Kitchen hand
- Baker/pastry cook
- Bread baker
Contact the team:
Team Leader: Robert Schwerdt
T: 08 8946 7913
Customer Service Officer: Tracey Worth
T: 08 8946 7526
Cookery/Bakery Lecturer / Workplace Assessor
T Y Lee
RPL / Workplace Assessor
Bakery Lecturer / Workplace Assessor